Being fully prepared for school is an essential part of successful learning on a day to day basis.
We ask that parents and carers make sure that all children come to school ready to learn.
Students must have the following items in their school bags:
- Calculator and mathematical equipment
- Coloured pencils
- Pupil Planner
- PE Kit (on required days)
Students are advised not to bring to school items over the value of £10. The school cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any such items. If you are experiencing financial difficulties in relation to purchasing the basic school equipment, please contact your son's/daughter's Achievement Leader. Email contact details can be found on The Wellbeing Team page.
Currently, students in years 7, 10 and 12 are expected to be wearing the Haverfordwest High VC School Uniform. From September 2019, all students are expected to be in the full uniform as detailed here:
- Black blazer with school logo
- School tie
- Long or short sleeved, collared white shirt
- Standard fit, traditional, tailored black trousers
- Regulation school skirt (purchased from school)
- Optional grey jumper with school logo
- Black socks or black tights (opaque)
- Black, polishable school shoes
- Tailored black shorts (Summer Term option)
6th Form students have an official red tie and optional black school jumper which are available to purchase from our suppliers.
All students must adhere to the regulations listed below regarding the standard of uniform worn. For assistance with School Uniform Grants, please consult the following documents:
The following uniform guidelines apply to all students.
- Trousers must be standard fit, black traditional tailored trousers – slim/skinny fit or trousers which expose the ankles are unacceptable;
- Stretch material, visible zipped pockets, chino, cord, brushed cotton, jeggings, leggings, joggers, denim jeans or “jeans type” trousers are not allowed under any circumstances;
- Skirts worn must only be the regulation, knee length, embroidered school skirt purchased via the school – no other skirts are acceptable and these must not be modified in any way;
- Shorts must be traditional, tailored, trouser material and knee length.
- Stretch material, visible zipped pockets, cord, brushed cotton, denim or “jeans type” shorts are not allowed under any circumstances;
- Shoes should be plain black and polishable. They must not include any visible logo and must be flat with no heel. Canvas trainers/shoes are not acceptable other than in Physical Education lessons;
- The school blazer is a compulsory item which must be brought to school every day;
- The (optional) school jumper must include the embroidered school logo and cardigans must not be worn;
- Hoodies and sweatshirts of any type must not be worn to school at any time;
- A plain black coat, preferably waterproof, may be worn over the blazer;
- Jewellery, apart from a watch and a pair of single stud earrings, is not permitted and makeup must be discreet;
- Facial piercings are not allowed. These will be confiscated and the hole may heal so we advise against piercings being done during the school term;
- Hair colour must be of a natural colour and extreme hairstyles are not allowed;
- Make-up should not be noticeably visible. Excessive or gaudy make-up is not suitable in school – pupils will be required to remove this immediately before returning to class;
- Nails should be of a natural colour and nail extensions are not allowed.
The Headteacher and Chair of Governors reserve the right to use their judgement for
all aspects of the uniform policy.
Please consult the HHVCS School Uniform Policy in the Our Policies section for detailed images of what is or isn't accepted in relation to our expected uniform standards.
PE Kit Girls - Compulsory Items
*HHVCS Sport T shirt
Black sports socks
*HHVCS rugby shirt
*HHVCS showerproof Training Smock
PE Kit Boys - Compulsory Items
*HHVCS rugby shirt
*HHVCS sport T shirt
Black rugby shorts/socks
*HHVCS showerproof Training Smock
*These items are available from Ambition sport (personalised with initials and school logo).
All other items can be purchased from any major retailer and must be plain black. They are also available from Ambition Sport if parents wish to purchase personalised versions.
If your son or daughter is going to be absent from school due to sudden illness, parents/carers need to ring the pupil absence line to inform the attendance officer of the reason for this absence. If a phone call isn’t received, this is classed as an unauthorised absence.
In the case of a pre-existing medical appointment, a copy of the appointment letter can be brought to school in advance of the absence and shown to the attendance officer.
The parents/carers of all pupils who are absent from school without prior knowledge will be contacted by the Attendance Officer. Unexplained, unauthorised absences are a cause for concern and will be followed up in accordance with the Attendance Policy.
Please consult the Attendance page for further information on the importance of regular school attendance and our procedures for dealing with absences.